Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

SERV-U 4.1 server can't connect, then says online, but cant

Arrghhh... I was using bullet proof FTP... was working fine, except NO ONE could (even me, with full access with FTP account) write / delete / overwrite / modify files. anywhere... So I switched to Serv-U 4.1

Heres the deal with that...

I installed the software (I also tried version 3.x). When I begin the setup process and try to start the server, it just says "server offline" with the yellow icon. Serv-U 4.1 claims that it cannot connect to a bunch of ports. Like 6xxx, or 28xxx I remember... Then says it canot connect, server offline? Or something to that effect. Then, it says "server is online" in green, but i cannot connect to it.

What is the issue here? I don't think there are any other services using port 21. Something is wrong.

Can anyone assist? Thank you.

I would stick with bulletproof. Could it be some ntfs permissions are conflicting and thats why you cant write or delete...

Yeah.... i'm an idiot, lol... it was permissions I later discoverd.. Arghhh! Really annoying... but secure. I like it now, despite I am pissed...

I didn't like BPFTP too much... I am trying a new one, Titan FTP... I like it more, more options and stuff. SSH and all that crap. I know BP has some of it, but this has more options it seems.

I got it all sorted out. Thanks for responding.

I have found serv-u to be one of the best FTP servers out there. I am always on the lookout for more advanced or better FTP servers though. Like RaidenFTPd is a good server but very hard to configure the way you want it.