Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rgodart

[win2k] error BSOD when changing the pagefile size

My win2k pro sets the size of the page file automatically. I wanted to give the pagefile a fixed value (250 MB) since there's only 128 MB ram in that computer, so when changing the size i clicked on "set" and then "OK". But a the moment i clicked on ok i got following BSOD:

stop 0x00000024

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM --> classpnp.sys

I went looking for an explanaion for this error and did all i could find: latest bios, latest drivers, chkdsk, format. But nothing helps. I believe it could be another problem of this crappy ECS k7s5a motherboard i'm using right now, because before i had an MSI motherboard which didn't have this problem.

Has anyone else encountered that problem??

thanks.

You're right, it's not the MB. I seem to haven narrowed the problem down to my antivirus (AVG antivirus). I have tried several times to change the swap file and it seems to be working fine now.

I have seen so many people with problems with this motherboard i blamed it for this problem too laugh

No don't worry, it wasn't norton, i don't like it either. I was using AVG antivirus, a freeware antivirus, not the best, but it has saved me twice laugh

I will search for another antivirus now.

Which one do you recommend videobruce?

I use System Suite formerly from Ontrack, now vCom that used TrendMicro's antivirus's definitions.

Also McAfee is suppose to be better. I did use it once and it found something System Suite didn't, but it is a hog also (no where near as bad as Norton!)

BTW, System Suite virus updates are free!