Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

Yet another Nero Question

Actually two questions.

1) Nero detects my Lite-On 52x24x52 as having a max write speed of 40x. I have burned at 52x before. Anyone know why?

2) I have used Nero to find the max speed of my cdr media but I can no longer find where this option is.

Quote:
Actually two questions.

1) Nero detects my Lite-On 52x24x52 as having a max write speed of 40x. I have burned at 52x before. Anyone know why?

2) I have used Nero to find the max speed of my cdr media but I can no longer find where this option is.

1) Do you have the latest Nero upgrade? Nero is constantly adding recorders.

2) Nero includes a 'drivespeed' program which records the top recording speed of your CDRW.

Make sure you are actually using 52X CDR media, some cheaper spools will say 48 or 52X but actually burn at lesser. If so uninstall Nero and reinstall it. Check for updates as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Actually two questions.

1) Do you have the latest Nero upgrade? Nero is constantly adding recorders.

2) Nero includes a 'drivespeed' program which records the top recording speed of your CDRW.

I am working on downloading teh latest upgrade but tthe only download server I can connect to is very slow. I guess I will keep trying though.

As for point 2, I know the speed of my drive. I want to find the speed of my cd.

on my 48X CDRW drive it has always been a problem: all the packs of 50 or 100 cd's i buy are supposably 48x certified but they never work at 48x, they run at 32x instead. so i tried 24x memorex and now i can burn at 40x on those!!!

i have bought a pack of 50 Memorex 48c CDR's but have not dared to open the pack yet. i'm affraid they are gonna work at 12x!! laugh

32 - 48 - what is that like 20 seconds difference..lol

i burn @ 32x on my samsung cd's and 40x on my cheap office depo ones -

Right, but speed is going to make your eyes wide open, staring at the monitor....niiiiicccce.....48x....!!! laugh

frown but speed is good!!

laugh

Quote:
hehe

that depends what type of "speed" we are talking about wink not all "speed" is good laugh

oh trust me, every speed in computers is good! laugh