Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kofoed

Fluzzy/Pixely compressed video playback with 9800 Pro?

Does any one out there get Fluzzy/Pixely compressed video playback with their 9800 Pro.

I do and its starting to annoy me. I'm using the latest drivers and bios and am at a lost to whats causeing it.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks.

AT7-Max2

VisionTek 9800 Pro

Audigy

Intel Pro 100 NIC

Out of curiousity, I saw an article a few days ago saying how the new DivX player 2.1 would be 'ATI Enhanced' for removal of fuzzyness. Have you tried installing the latest DivX 5.0.3 codec/player?

What videos are fuzzy exactly? Are they clear on other systems? OS installed? SP level? Drivers? DirectX?

I don't have an ATI card here to try it with, so it's a bit of a shot in the dark.

It occurs whenever I play a video clip that has had the video compressed.

Which is basically all of them except DVDs.

Media player, divx player, bsplayer the picture always comes out the same. My old ti4600 was much sharper.

I ended up going into media player video performance settings and disabling all the video acceleration and legacy settings. This improved the picture a bit, but its still not as good as my old 4600.

I dont know if you get the same picture in another OS.

I'm running WinXP Pro, all updates + patches, Cat v3.2, Directx 9a,VIA 4.46.

I'm see what happens with this new player?

Divx Player 2.1 did improve my Divx playback once you enabled the ATi Hardware acceleration. Now all I need now is for media player to update there software?

Thank you

I agree, even though i've been using Nvidia for over 5 years, I wouldn't be silly enough to say that Nvidia is the superior product, when I know damn well it isn't.

I say this before and I'll say it again when it comes to video problems. Upgrade to DX 9.0 Revision A, get latest chipset drivers and get latest video card drivers.

and secondly, putting on the latest divx codec should fix the problem with WMP 9, a problem which i've never had myself for your information.

good luck.

EDIT: ok, noticed you mentioned you do have the latest stuff. ATI's Control Panel offers a lot of ways to alter how your video should run and look, give that a try.

I've never ran in to ANY of these video problems that people claim they run in to with ATI's cards. Call me lucky or call me a troubleshooter, because I don't run in to problems with computers anymore.