Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lplace

Yamaha CD Burner Problem

I am new to this forum. Great info. I have a Yamaha CD-RW 8424E using Windows XP. Until recently it always worked. Then all of a sudden using Nero 5 with Imation disks the drive stopped recognizing blank media and always ask me to insert a blank disk. I even tried other brands of disks and it still did it. Please help.

Logan

Sounds to me like the drive has gone belly-up. Have you tried or recently updated the drive's firmware?

Welcome to the forums!

I conxur with adam, your drive has gone bad. Luckaly,good CD-RW Drives aren't all that expensive. Yamaha's 44x24x44 drive is good and so is a 52x24x52 Lite-On drive. If you have a lot of Multi-speed CD-R discs, the Yamaha is a good drive.

How are the Sony drives in comparison to the Yamaha and the Lite-On?

Quote:
I conxur with adam, your drive has gone bad. Luckaly,good CD-RW Drives aren't all that expensive. Yamaha's 44x24x44 drive is good and so is a 52x24x52 Lite-On drive. If you have a lot of Multi-speed CD-R discs, the Yamaha is a good drive.

I just got that lite-on off newegg for $48!

Quote:
How are the Sony drives in comparison to the Yamaha and the Lite-On?

If I'm not mistaken, the 52x24x52 Sony is a rebaged Lite-On. The Lite-On is going to be much less expensive and if you get 52x CD-R's it will burn them at that speed(CompUSA has Memorex 52x CD-R's).