Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick601

XP Reboots With Toca Race Driver

Hey

I have got Windows xp Running on my AMD Athlon XP1800 with 512 MB DDR 2100 Ram i have a SIS chipset motherboard with integrated sound and a Redeon 7500 graphics card.

The Soundcard is a C-Media sound card

I also have direct x 9 installed

my problem is that i can get into toca race driver successfully and begin a race but when i go back to the interface or menus from the race the computer either goes back to the desktop without any warning or error messages or reboots itself automatically!!

i really dont know what the problem is

P.S i have ordered an Abit motherboard but i am not sure if this will solve the problem (the one i have ordered is obviously brand new and up to date)

if anyone knows can you reply as soon as possible as i might cancel my motherboard order!!

thanks for you hellp in advance!

downloaded (03.26.03.toca_race_driver_proper-immersion) or bought?

what new mobo u getting? (just got the BH7 myself)

got all windows updates?

check for any game updates?

check the read me file for possible issues with certain hardware?

Hey

I dont understand this bit of your reply sorry:

downloaded (03.26.03.toca_race_driver_proper-immersion) or bought?

if you mean the Toca game i have bought the full retail version

i have ordered the ABIT KD7 as i thought it might be my SIS chipset on my current motherboard that could be at fault??

any thoughts on this?? im using the onboard sound which is a C-Media chip

really getting desperate here cause i dont want to spend £80 on a new motherboard that i dont need lol!!

the name with the date - it is the releases information for the "w@rez" version, thas all.

as for the chipset - have you looked for updates for your motherboard and sounds card?

Do you have a PCI sound card you could try out and disable the onboard sound?

its fine i have managed to solve the problem - it was down to the physical memory being faulty! - well i think it was, i took the memory out and reset it in my motherboard and it works perfectly now!!

i had the same problem but it was the nvidia drivers(43.03).now with the new (43.45) i dont have tis problem