Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
el_vago32

Question about Splinter cell

OK, i'd like to know (just curiosity) if the Splinter Cell's engine (or all of the Game's engines) uses a different refresh rate that the one i have selected on the displays properties.

I've actually selected a 1024X768 Res. @75Hz (for windows enviroment) and a 800X600 Res. for the game, and my monitor supports a few points more than the 1280X1024 res., and i put that res. (1280X1024) at the game's options (by mistake, BTW) and i had the typical mssg "Out of scan range" from my monitor!!!...so i had to manually edit the config file for the game so i didn't have to reinstall it. That's why i'm asking that, 'cause i'm sure that my monitor can support that res. and even higher.

its proberly a bug in the game ..i had to sell my geforce 4 4200ti 128 meg because the game would restart the computer..id duck in the tunnel at the first level and wam... colour screen and restart.

patch the game 1.1 see if its been fixed theres so many graphics card probs that i no are fixed.

Quote:
...i had to sell my geforce 4 4200ti 128 meg because the game would restart the computer...

Let me get this straight...you changed video cards because of one game? laugh

AndyF ;(

I guess he really wants to finish the game....it's paradoxical 'cuz i want to get a geforce4 (the graphics with geforce2 are dissapointing me with this game) cuz my video card is too little for this game.

Anyway, let's see if I can spend more time playing the game with this poor graphics i'm getting...

strange...'cause i have a geoforce 2 and was totally impressed by the games's graphics. Esp the shadow's (lighting) were ultra cool.

I would like to get a new video card but not because splinter cell broke its back.

The only game that has come close so far..is SOF2 on the huge map (the mansion).

I had to scale down the graphics severely to make it playable.

Quote:
strange...'cause i have a geoforce 2 and was totally impressed by the games's graphics. Esp the shadow's (lighting) were ultra cool.

I would like to get a new video card but not because splinter cell broke its back.

The only game that has come close so far..is SOF2 on the huge map (the mansion).
I had to scale down the graphics severely to make it playable.

Would 'u believe me if tell you that with SOF2 my Pc's performance was so much better than with splinter cell, weird isn't it??