Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick601

Soundblaster Audigy Muffled sound with 5.1 inspire speakers

Hi

I have a Soundblaster live Audigy soundcard with Creative labs inspire 5.1 speakers running under windows XP, when the drivers were installed the sound that was produced was very muffles and sounded aweful im not sure what im doing wrong, i can only get this muffled sound out of one jack of the soundcard so im stuck as to what to do next!

thanks

Nick

First thing to check on, make sure that if the motherboard has built-in sound that it's disabled in the sytem BIOS, this includes and legacy sound options as well.

Also make sure to download the latest drivers from Creative's website for fixes that address issues under Win 2k/XP. These are rather large drivers as well frown

There has been some mention as to other issues under Win XP-SP1 but I've not seen this to be the case on any of my systems.

Another thing that you may need to do is to move the Audigy to it's own non-shared IRQ PCI slot. Sometimes this is neccessary, more so on VIA chipset motherboards then on Intel but it's something else to check on.

thanks for the replies, as i havent got the computer at my place i can only try these things on friday so i will come back if there are still problems!

thanks again for your help

Nick