Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

How to use the "run command" if........ and using

I am trying to lock down a computer here @ work. - i am using the gpedit.msc to do most of it, how ever any changes made affects ALL accounts, not specifics.

So 2 questions really

1. Can i use gpedit.msc to lock down specific accounts on this system running XP - there are 3 account - 1 Admin, and 2 guest accounts i want to severly limit access to, but not hider the admin account.

2. If i hide the run command but not allow the "run" window to appear in the START area - how can i access it incase i need to make changes?

Thnx.

Quote:
2. If i hide the run command but not allow the "run" window to appear in the START area - how can i access it incase i need to make changes?

when you do a ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager if you click "file" you get a run box. You might want to hide that as well. I don't know if the stuff DS3Circuit told you about would hide that one. It might... I genuinely don't know.

Jim

Hi,

You could try adding the Guest Accounts' User name into the policy that you wish to edit. That way restricting specific users and not the all guest.

Using the 'Windows Key' + 'R' will bring up the RUN command, but I'm not sure if this will work once you disable it.