Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
doniej

Error message...what does it mean?

;( Could someone out there PLEASE help me out. I have never gotten any error messages before, but all of a sudden this one keeps popping up: "A runtime Error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Yes or no. Line 6 error: object required". The second message was the same except the line number was 36. :x Then....about 10 minutes later, I got this message. "Runtime error. Do you wish to debug (I don't even know what "debug" means). This time, it was line 52, w/ error: 'null' is null or not an object. I really hope someone has some input on this. I would very much appreciate your help. smile

What are you doing when the error occurs?

If it's from IE, then it's likely a problem with the webpage you are viewing.

If it's something else, you'll need to give us a few more details.

If this is in IE, turn off browser debugging

In IE

1. Tools

2. Internet Options

3. Advanced

4. Under Browsing

4a. CHECK Disable script debugging

4b. UNCHECK Display a notification about every script error

HTH

In Internet Explorer click "Tools" then "Internet Options". Choose the "Advanced" tab. Put a check mark in "Disable script debugging"

I had to do that as well on my machine. Just out of curiosity, did you just install MSN8? mine seemed to start doing that about the same time I installed it.

Jim

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I think you may be right about IE. I wasn't trying to run any sort of program or anything like that. I was just surfing. If it helps, I did scan disk, defrag, and virus scan, and all was well. I really don't know what other kind of info to give you. What do you suggest? If it is IE, is that a bad thing or just something to ignore?

No I don't have MSN 8. I will do as you suggested though, and uncheck script debugging. I didn't even know what it was! DUH!?*# I'm such a dork! :x smile