Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bursar

Outlook XP JunkMail/AdultMail lists: How to undo?

It might be easier in the long run to setup an extra folder in Outlook, and have the rule move all spam emails into that.

You can then have a quick scan through it, move out any you want to keep, and then trash the rest.

Doesn't exactly answer your question I know, but it's a work around for the short term at least.

Quote:
Use Outlook to manage junk and adult content e-mail
Outlook can search for commonly used phrases in e-mail messages and automatically move messages containing these phrases from your Inbox to either a junk e-mail folder created by Outlook, to your Deleted Items folder, or to any other folder you specify. You can find the list of terms that Outlook uses to filter suspected junk e-mail messages in a file called Filters.txt, located in the
C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice\Office10\LocaleID folder, where LocaleID is the locale identifier (LCID) for your installation of Microsoft Office. For example, the LCID for
English - United States is 1033. For a list of LCIDs, see Microsoft Office
Help.

You can also filter messages with a list of senders of junk and adult
content e-mail. As you receive unwanted e-mail messages, you can create a list of the e-mail addresses of these senders.

When you first begin using these features or when you make modifications to them, you should review messages that are automatically removed from the Inbox to make sure that any wanted messages are not accidentally removed.

From
http://www.audionet.cc/Tech_Articles/Manage_Email/manage_email.html

Hope thats what you were looking for smile

Quote:
I want to be able to back them up & import them after export so in the future on future installs

Rules can be imported and exported and even converted between different versions of Outlook. They come and go as rwz files. wink

Quote:
next step, is to get a good size one going & then maybe even merge it with lists others have & create a HUGE one others can use as well!

Rules can only be about 32KB maximum in size. This in turn is about 50 rules. This is primarily an exchange environment. From then on, all your rules will be client executed and not kept on the server.

And from what I know OE and OutlookXP rules dont convert over.

IN outlook XP its under .... tools \ rules wizard \ options ... then you can import and export rules all you want.

Sorry about all the posts, but I have ran into this wall before and wanted to keep you from running into it wink