Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

Asus Digital VCR program error message with a V7100DC card

I get this error message when I open the Asus Digital VCR (V2.3) capture program:

"Can't start kernel mode driver service"

I have done 4 or 5 fresh installs of Win 2k w/sp3 slipstreamed and changed the order of the WDM capture drivers and the program itself after I loaded the video card drivers (all from Asus) and the same thing.

I looked in Administartive Tools/Services and can't find this "Kernel mode driver" listed or anything close to it. Nothing is disabled that wasn't disabled bu default in Windows. Device manager looks clean.

Epox 8RDA MB (nForce2 chipset & V2.03 driver package)

SB Live value (w/o any Creative drivers)

Linksys NIC (no drivers)

HP printer (no drivers)

Haven't tried any other software since this is for this card.

Don't know, I will look in event viewer.

I just tried nVidia's V1.22 WDM package and the capture driver won't load in device manager! At least with Asus's V1.19 everything loaded! I tried it twice and the same thing. The first time I only got 1 "do you want to install" conformation box and then it asked me to restart. Before I got 4 or 5 boxes for each driver so I figured something was wrong.

I will try to d/l it again just in case it was corupted.

I tried e-mailing Asus 6 times over 3 days and ALL of them came back using different addresses ans approaches! Great company, worse than Creative; too many products, too little support and a NON W3C complaiant website!