Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Immortal

nForce FX and Dual socket A....

Hey all,

Browsin the web i came accross this beauty of a mobo:

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA0NjA3NDc3N3hmTWc4TlQzcnFfMV8xX2wuZ2lm

Quote:

HardOCP has come across a layout graphic for an upcoming dual Socket A motherboard reportedly from Asus, supporting an "nForce FX" chipset. Not much is known regarding this new chipset, but The Inquirer surmises that it's likely an based on the NV34 version of the GeForce FX GPU, albeit in integrated-market form (obviously).

The motherboard itself features an AMD 8131 "Hyper Transport PCI-X Tunnel" chip that will allow the user to use both 32-bit/33MHz and 64-bit/66MHz PCI cards on the board at the same time.

That looks like one sweet mobo. I think it will add some lifetime to the Socket A architechture.

Also another quote from [H]:

Quote:

nForceFX Chipset for Dual Socket A:

A picture is worth a thousand words, right? In this case it very might well be. We came into possession of the below graphic this weekend. It shows a dual Socket A board sporting the "nForceFX chipset". The board layout is obviously an Asus board as the "BlueMagic PCI Slot" is present on the board. Dual channel DDR is present as would be expected but the board is unique in several respects compared to boards we see today.

A nForceFX southbridge is shown as well, remember this gives you a HyperTransport connection. The addition of the AMD 8131 chip makes perfect sense as well as it is a PCI-X tunnel that is HyperTransport friendly. The 8131 would give the user the ability to use both 32-bit/33MHz PCI cards at the same time while utilizing a 64-bit/66MHz card, among other things. PATA, SATA, and SATA RAID controllers are all present as well.

This has the makings of a fine DIY server board for sure. Not to mention a fine workstation board...or possibly a really nice desktop box as it will most likely support AGP8X. ATX12V friendly too.

I'd like to see an actual PCB instead of the paperware version. [H] got ahold of nVidia and it doesn't look like they knew anything about it.

I'd love to see an SMP nForce product, but I'm a bit skeptical of this.

it is a mouthwatering propect tho.

As i said, it will add some life to the Socket A architecture and knowing that via's LAST socket A chipset will be the KT400A, the markets free for nVidia and SiS!