Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Do any viruses or trojans replace or change Wincfg312?

I ran a file I should not have, the cleaner and also my up to date virus scanner say nothing but I notice the file Wincfg312 has been modified with todays date

damn its a trojan I found info on it at zonelabs website. I think my firwall blacked it but NAV corp nor The Cleaner even detected it as a virus or trojan WTF

Quote:
damn its a trojan I found info on it at zonelabs website. I think my firwall blacked it but NAV corp nor The Cleaner even detected it as a virus or trojan WTF

Hello pr-man,

i have exactly the same problem.....

NAV tells me NOTHING, but the firewall will connect to the internet (i stopped it)

The program damaged and Drwatson make a user.dmp and now on every starting Windows2000 there comes a message that the program "wincfg312.exe" (or some of his components) was not found ?!?!?

I found the file in my WINNT directory and i rename it, but the message comes again an d again on each start !!!??

I check my registry but i found NOTHING ?!?!

WHATS THAT ?!?

Do YOU have some new ideas or results ??!!?

Best regards, illu

I had to manually run system restore and restore to a previous point. All is fine now but that was the only solution I could find because it renamed some files so that you cant run applications by clicking on their icons.