Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kublis

Ati TV Wonder & Radeon 9500 Pro w/ 128MB compatible?

Hi,

I just bought an ATI TV Wonder VE and ATI Radeon 9500 Pro and when I tried to install the MMC software, it would give me an error when it tries to detect my software/hardware capability test for TV tuner. It would indicate that my video card is not a rage 128 pro or recent. How can that be when I am running a Radeon card with it? I have tried to use the drivers from the disk for both card and I've also d/l the latest driver from ATI and it still gives me the same error. By the way, I am using an Abit BE6 m/b with a PIII 450MHz. Could it be that I have an old m/b that is causing this? or could it be that the TV card is not compatible with the Radeon 9500 Pro? If so, is it compatible with any of the Radeon card? I am running XP w/ the DX 8.1. I've also tried it with DX9. All this is done from a clean install.

If you are wondering why I am using a new vid card with an old board is because I plan to upgrade the board sometimes soon.

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All I can add is the 9500 pro is fine with the tv wonder. All the tv wonder needs is a video card with overlay.

Install the ati control panel if you haven't.

Goto display properties/advanced/troubleshooting

Make sure the slider is at full acceleration. Also go to the overlay tab and make sure it is enabled, and for giggles, click to enable "Theatre mode" (This allows media to be displayed on a tv when you use TV out)

then reinstall the tv wonder driver from ati.com and then the MMC.