Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Jeremy

No video driver tweaking in .Net 2003?

I am running .Net 2003 Ent Server RC2 & just downloaded/installed Nvidia's 41.09 drivers. In the Advanced > Adapter subsections of Windows Display Properties, there is no provision to adjust the OpenGl/D3D settings that I'm used to seeing.

Can anyone else confirm this with their setup?

You could try this registry tweak...

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]"CoolBits"=dword:00000003

I know this might sound like a silly question (not my first, definitely won't be the last!), but why would you want to tweak video settings on a server OS?!

Rgds

AndyF

Well personally I'd like to see a "generic" graphics driver on server OS's that display any resolution you like, 256 or 16bit colour and that is it.

That way there is no chance of polluting your server with "dodgy" video drivers - one less thing to worry about.

Quote:
I know this might sound like a silly question (not my first, definitely won't be the last!), but why would you want to tweak video settings on a server OS?!

Rgds
AndyF

'Cuz me wants to play Counter-Strike laugh This is my regular pc, not a server by any means. I just threw .Net on for the hell of it.

I dont understand why people are putting a Server grade OS on their desktop PCs to "Play Counter-Strike", I could understand wanting to test active directory on a home network or something like that.

Im sure your a legit beta tester too thats why you want ot play CS on a Beta (well now RTMd or rumors have it) Operating system.

By time you get the OS tweaked to the point where it will play games well you have dumbed down server to windows XP pro levels anyway. Why not just install XP pro. That way you don't have to modify all the services and whatnot to not start.

Whatever, kinda frivelous IMO.

Well considering that 2003 has more features disabled than XP has enabled, the extra services don't really apply.....

Quote:
I dont understand why people are putting a Server grade OS on their desktop PCs to "Play Counter-Strike", I could understand wanting to test active directory on a home network or something like that.

Let me re-repeat for you:

Quote:
Cuz me wants to play Counter-Strike laugh This is my regular pc, not a server by any means. I just threw .Net on for the hell of it.

It's my comp & I'll do what I want. It was really just a basic question. If you still don't understand, I'm more than happy to re-type the above bold fonts real s-l-o-w.

Quote:
Well considering that 2003 has more features disabled than XP has enabled, the extra services don't really apply.....

I noticed that smile It has considerably fewer default services than Win2K Server too.