Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Best program to split big mp3 into seperate songs in WAV?

Hi JimF43,

I tried that program and it seems like a bit of a hassle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to manually select each portion you'd like to break into a "song". I just want to say give me 10 equal parts or create a new song every 10 minutes and have it make the files. Does anyone know of a program that'll do that? By the way from what I can tell of the app you posted Audacity is infinitely better. http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

-Christian

Hi madaspen,

That does look like a good app, but I just can't see paying for something so simple smile. The only reason I need it is because a friend of mine wants a copy of a book on tape I have as one huge low KHZ MP3 file. The book on tape itself probably only costs 25 dollars smile. Basically I need to cut it into a few CDs with songs on it so she can listen to it in her car with reasonable ease.

Perhaps someone knows of a freeware alternative.

Thanks,

Christian

Mp3cutter

Its free, small (standalone exe) and will cut it up ralnice, and increase the gain too if yuo want.

Then CDex to convert them to wav. Cdex is GPL (free) too.

^^^^^ no need to convert them to wave, your burning software will do it all for you now. - that is if u can edit it in mp3 format.

Hi Duhmez and Mr. Guverment,

Thanks for the help guys you both gave invaluable suggestions I will give it a go and let you all know smile.

-Christian 8)