Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Davis

Help with buying a new pc

Hey everyone, I am looking at building a new "rig" i am from Australia so parts arnt as cheap here. I want to spend under $1180 US. My questions may get out of hand but i am new to overclocking and what i need for the job. And im not sure what settings to use in BIOS and all the Voltage stuff.

So far after reading many posts on this cool forum, it seems the best cpu is the AMD XP 2100 AUIHB core, week0250 please corect me if im wong on anything i say.

I understand the best board for overclocking with this chip is

Epox 8rda+. I would like to get the cpu up to 2.225Ghz or so and still be stable for everyday use. i dont want it for benchmarking, just a fast cpu which can be overclocked to somthing like the amdxp 2800 speed with out actually buying a $900AUD XP2800 cpu.

I have read that a SLK-800 is best to use with a YS-Tech Silent Fan (what model is the silent one?). I have also read reviews saying the clips on the SLK may not be strong enough, so i have seen a SLK-900 which hold 92mm fans. just wondering can the SLK - 900 can hold 120mm fans. I think the 120mm Vantec Stelth is quite good, 53CFM/28dBA.

I would also like to buy a Xaser III 2000a, antec True blue 480wat or thermal take slient 420wat, Pioneer a05, wd 120gig 7200 and corsair xms 512mb 3200. I will also be using my existing SB Live de 5.1, AOC 19" Flat, Leadtek 128 GF4 Ti 4200 vivo & winxp pro.

So my questions are: What heat sink to use, and what fan. I dont want it to be any louder than the case fans in the Xaser III case or the PSU. and also am i right about choosing the m/b and cpu? Will i be over to over clock and still have is VERY stable, i will be using it for video editing aswell so it will be on 4 long periods of time.

Thanks for your time and knowledge

I read about some new magnet fans or something, a bro of mine picked one up for his P4, I think Vantec makes them.

Nice Cooler and really quiet