Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

Exchange Server 5.5. How to move account...

i want to move an acocunt from one container to another. When I create a new account I see the option to choose a container, but not for ones that are already created. Basically I have many that are in "unfiled" pretty much and want to move to specific group without having to delete/recreate.

Its been quite a while since I have supported Ex5.5. Are you asking how to move mailboxes? Cause if you are, using Exchange Server 5.5's Move Mailbox tool is the simplest approach to moving Exchange Server 5.5 mailboxes. (You access Move Mailbox from Microsoft Exchange Administrator's Tools menu.) This tool will move Exchange Server 5.5 mailboxes to another Exchange Server 5.5 or Exchange 2000 Server system in the same site as the original mailbox location. You can't use this tool to move mailboxes between sites or organizations

HTH

yes I am trying to move accounts to different organisations.

What I've got now, basically is OU's of

Administration

Tech

Users

Students

Teachers

Now, many acocunts were created (by the guy before me smile ) and created in the basic users container. This is a massive list. I want to move many of them from users to student, or from users to teachers etc.

I was surprised from looking through the options that I did not find an option to do this; it seems like something that would be an obvious thing to want to do.

What I've done in the meantime is painstakingly deleting accounts and recreating them in the appropriate container.