Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Drivers Needed! ATI Rage 128 ULTRA 32meg (Strange Problem)

We received a dell for one of our offices that came with WinXP. The software that the branch uses won't work with XP so they installed Win2K. We went to ATI.com and found drivers for the ATI Rage 128/Pro (Being the only choice really) but the setup says that those drivers won't work with our adapter.

I am letting another guy handle this, but he is having no luck. I am almost wondering if the motherboard has the adapter onboard. Maybe that is part of the problem. I haven't had a chance to go look inside the system.

Has anyone heard of this ATI Rage 128 ULTRA 32meg before? The computer just arrived 2 days ago, and they are currently running 16 colors hehe. The software they use can barely be seen due to the lack of color.

Does anyone know anything that might help us out or point us in the right direction.

Even dells support is boggled heh.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one... I really wish ATI would release a unified driver package similar to Nvidia's...

Wishful thinking, anyway.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up on this one... I really wish ATI would release a unified driver package similar to Nvidia's...

Wishful thinking, anyway.

They have....for the Radeon's. Don't expect any more from ATI. You'll be disappointed, oh and expect support to go down the drain once the successor to the Radeon series arrives....

Quote:
They have....for the Radeon's. Don't expect any more from ATI. You'll be disappointed, oh and expect support to go down the drain once the successor to the Radeon series arrives....

Thats perfectly ok with me smile I am not a big fan of ATI anyway. Not to offend any ATI fans out there, but their products just aren't what I am looking for.