Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Christianb

Front Page 02 has the Wrong Password and I want to change it

Hi Gang,

I seem to have an incorrect passowrd saved in Front Page 2002. This password logs onto my web HTTP://www.RawSeattle.org. The log-in dialog comes up so fast that I can't cancel it. How can I get Front Page to forget this password? Oh and for the record that isn't my cheesy jpg listing info on the home page. There's a number of people that work on the website. I would virtually never list a bunch of text in a graphic, let alone a JPG.

Thanks so much for any and all help,

Christian Blackburn smile

What OS are you running. In Windows XP with FrontPage 2002 the log-in prompt waits for you to click OK. Yours just passes this point?

Hi I'm using Windows 2000, but the problem is the password dialog appears, but it's checked to save the password. So the dialog comes up and clicks ok all by itself, before I can intervien. I've tried pressing esc, when it appears, or even holding down backspace and still it just displays a dialog saying it failed to log in, but the idiots don't clear the save password option and let you rectify the situation frown. I'll probably have to contact technical support on this one. Which sucks, because MS only gives you two freebies frown. Correct me if I'm wrong though your dialog also has a save password option?

Thanks for trying to help though,

Christian Blackburn

If you are using FP2002, and doing direct editing to your webpage, then it maybe the extensions on the server side have gone corrupt ... a possibility. Easy enough to fix by deleting and reapplying the extensions, which is done on the server.

I don't know where the cached password is stored in FP2002 though. frown

Just throwing out a possibility. *1*

Quick Rant ---

FP extensions suck! Plan and outright. From the AIX version from long ago to the FP2002 ones. We have to support them here, as FTPing is sometimes seen as a nuisance. wink

End Rant .....

*1* Hope I understood you correctly.

Hi DS3Circuit,

Thanks for your suggestion, but other FP2002 users can log in without issues and I'm getting a wrong password error so I'm sure it's related to that. The problem is I know the password is wrong (it got corrupted somehow, because it used to work flawlessly), but FP gives no option to forget the saved password frown.

-Christian

Hi DS3Circuit,

Yep that's what I had to do. Deleting registry entries, browser caches, and cookies, didn't do the job. I don't think the later two have anything to do with it, but the not very computer savvy support technician laugh at my Hosting service suggested doing so and I wasn't willing to rule anything out without trying it first smile.

-Christian