Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bursar

X3D: Have you seen this advertised on T.V.? Thoughts??

I've read of a few people who have various other verisons of these glasses, and they say they work really well.

Only real downside is they don't work with TFT screens frown

It's possible that this X3D stuff might, but all the earlier models explicitly stated that you had to use a CRT screen.

From what I recall, it works much like the old 3D glasses (with the red and blue lenses).

You run special software on your PC, and then fire up the game. The video output is split into two channels, and your monitor looks like it's gone beserk.

The glasses have lenses in them which refresh at different rates and fooling your brain into making it one solid image again, but it looks 3D rather than flat.

The glasses need to patch into the video signal so they can refresh at the same rate as the monitor and make sure that each lens is displaying the correct image at the right time.

I think they'd be interesting toys to play with, but I'd definately want to have a go with them before I shelled out.

here is the deal

those things are damn cool

i built a gamming machine for this kid one time and included those

the way they work is rediculously simple

the glasses are shutter glasses

to make the stereo scopic image the just put the left eye image on the screen when the left eye shutter is open and the right eye shutter is closed then vice versa. They do this really fast so that it fools your eye.

the effect is absolutly amasing. Like in quake 3 the stuff looks like it is poping out of the screen as well as going really deep into the screen. It is one of the most increadable things i have ever seen in 3d gamming.

well the one i used was from asus and it was desinged to work with the card. It had another wire to controll the shutter and that plugged right into the card. You had to use the special asus drivers for that perticular card. Refrence drivers from nvidia wouldn't work.

i don't know the specifics on the one you are talking about.