Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tomay

Screen Adjustments for Nvidia based cards

I'm running XP's on an old monitor. The problem is that the screen is too far right. frown And I can't adjust it. Is there a program to adjust this. I have a Nvidia Geforce MX.

ATI has this controls built in with the driver they're called Adjustments and you can change the screen size and position there.

Does anyone know of such a program for nvidia cards?

Please help

I know I can set any resolution I want the problem is that none of them is correctly centered except 60Hz, and I don't watn 60Hz. 72Hz is too much down and left, 75Hz is too much right and the monitor won't go above 75.

It's an old 14 inch piece. I know this can be done, it's no problem in linux...

Quote:

(Again, I found I can pull off 75hz @ 32-bit Color w/ 1600x1200 screens here using a GeForce 4 Ti4600, on a 21" ViewSonic Graphics Pro monitor...

What the hell
you should be able to get much better than that
i have 2 21 inch monitors attaced to my gf4 mx460 which is a total peice of crap card and i can get 85 hz out of the gateway monitor and 100hz out of my veiwsonic monitor both at 1600x1200 32bit.

there is no reason why you should have to look at that high res at 75 hz
that must flicker like crazy. Anything less than 85 hz i can't even look at even at lower resolutions. I image that the gf4 ti with its hefty price tag should be able to do the same as its stripped down cousin if not better. Are you useing one of those DVI converters. THat could be what you are maxing out not the monitor itself.

DVI is the interface for LCD's. It's the white port on the back with a buncha holes. wink Leaves the analog conversion to the monitor instead of conversion in the card...allowing for much greater IQ.

DVI is for digital connections Probly stands for digital video interconnect or something. Ususaly those highend cards have them and the supply a vga converter.

I hear ya with the programming i use the dual 21 at high res and run multiple instances of VS.NET and IE plus photoshop etc.

what model of veiwsonic do you have just out of curiosity

mine is the PT813

the only reason i was thinking it is something else is cause my monitor is definatly older than that and i get 100hz at 1600x1200.

you have a G810 with they actually still make. I looked around a bit and came up with this. THey look practicaly identical

here are the specs for yours

2048x1536 maximum resolution

Displays a maximum resolution of 2048x1536; 1600x1200 optimal resolution at 77Hz flicker-free refresh rate for easy-on-the-eyes viewing.

2048x1536 @ 61Hz

1856x1392 @ 67Hz

1600x1200 @ 77Hz

1280x1024 @ 90Hz

Four and twenty you're my man. smile

That was what I was looking for in the firs place. I knew nvidia had such a thing, but I forgot where it was.

So thanks a lot everyone.