Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

UNREAL II - what is your take?

So any try this out yet?

got it myself and i love my dell even more!

all settings cranked! and smootttttttttttth!

but yeah, good game play - i HATE all the cut scenes though frown

shall tell more once i have played more!!

Watch the spoilers. Us UK peeps don't get it until the 7th frown

The movies of it that I've watched have been very impressive though.

this game rules!>.lol

just been laying last 4 hours

Suspensful, scary..lol

i jumped a few times! not expecting a monster.

the smoothness of the enemies is sweet!

although after 4 hours of player - my system started to lag on some levels, not sure if it was just the level or my system dieing..This was with my res turned down to 1280 x 1024.

but anyways! GREAT! game!!! get it!!! one of the best 1st single player shooters i have played in a long long time!

Well, want to severly slow down your system, play unreal II for over an hour.

Bean playing, almost 2 hours now - and the video and such LAGGSSSSSSss so bad in some areas, as in i shot a guy and 2 seconds afetr he screams - he dies , or drops to the floor.

My specs are pretty good ()eh p4 2.4) with 512 pc800 and 9700 pro.

Could this just be a resouce issue with UT - this unreal , like all past as well, when you quit, your system is like a turtle for about a min or 2 after, while i guess it gives all the memory it uses back to the computer, often a reboot is needed just to get things going fast again.

well, about 9 hours, finished the gaem on normal mode - good game, but i don't think i will be playing it again on the hardest level.

It use the same engine as UT2003, with even larger texture sizes and maps, in subjective feelings. So the optimisatio is by and large similar to UT2003.

You shouldnt be enabling any value more than 8 shadows, which means 8 light sources due to architectural limitatio of G4-Ti cards, if you do so, it will stutter seriously, even on a TI4600/XP2100/512DDR machine.

It basically is a game whihc employed hugh texture sizes and thus if you should need to run at max. resolution or with FSAA enabled, and you are stuck with a 64MB graphic card(or not a top notch card) then your best bet is to use 16bit color in the game and crank all the way up to the max resolution such as 1280 or even 1600, the hugh texture sizes and large poly. number use in this game make the hit on using 16bit color towards image quality is not as great as you might imagined. Have a try, you may not be so disappointed afterall. wink

Started off great, but it was disappointing at the end. Lots of different enemies, but a number of them do not show up in more than one level. The Skarrj are supposedly the main enemy, but they don't show up very much.

I may play it again, but the first time through I couldn't find a way to kill the cutscenes---which is nice if you happen to play it through again. And, uhhh, where's the end boss. You had some sort of boss in earlier levels (that were actually good), but what about the end. Also, some of those missions were too short.

For 3.0GB of space I gave up, the game itself is a major disappointment. I'm a big unreal fan, but the sequal isn't anywhere nearly as good as the original.

Quote:
I'm a big unreal fan.

I must agree Mr Frank.

I still believe that Unreal is one of the best games I have ever played and would rate it up there with Deus.Ex and Max Payne and even over Half-Life.

The bots you could use in Mutiplayer instead of ppl could only be described as criminally insane and reminded me of the Quake:1 Reaper Bots in their cunning and savagery.

As a contrast, the bots of Unreal:Tourney were disappointing, even when boosted up to "Hannibal Lechter" level. I hope the AI in Unreal:II lives up to my hopes.

I will need an upgrade before I could even look at Unreal:II, though I might buy a GeForce4 Nutbags to go into Arrakis and give it some "benchmark" testing.