Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Morrowind: Need help choosing a character race

Well I played Morrowind before but as a Dark Elf and while I have that good character saved I want to play again as a different race. I am having a hard time choosing. can you guys give me some opinions? Thx

Depends on what you like to do.

I had a hard time forcing myself to play Morrowind. After organizing and prioritizing all 500+ of my PC games to try to figure out which one I wanted to play I finally got tired of it and said "I'M GOING TO PLAY MORROWIND!".

So I did.

Currently I am a Rouge, Female, Breton. Since I cannot be in a party or anything I'm going to be a Jack of all trades kind of character. I chose the Breton for their affinity to Magic and their resistance to it. Also chose it because the default female faces were the most beautiful. Haven't really gotten into the MODS for morrowind because I like to play games as they are but looking at Morrowind...for full enjoyment it looks like I'll have to use the MODS. Luckily it seems that the save games are fully compatible with the removal/additions of MODS so I'm set.

ok which class?

Im stuck between Assasin, BattleMage and Spellsword

I want to use magic but I also what some battle skills. Kinda afraid that if I choose a class that does really have any magic skills it will take FOREVER to build them up. Anyone?

Ok, first thing....never use the premade classes

Best would be to see which of the premades you like the most and then change in or out skills that you like or don't like.

The only thing I'd suggest for any character you make is Enchant

Basically if you use magical items, enchant is the best skill in the game.

It reduces the cost per use, increases the recharge rate, and allows you to make your own magical items. I'd seriously consider restarting your character, or getting a character editor to switch it into your primary or secondary pool.

Oh, and just another tip...it's kinda cheap but it gets your enchant lvl up...

Get/make something that makes you lose Fatigue Points (like one point a second). Then make something that make you gain Fatigue Points (like one point a second). This will use the skill every second, thus leveling it up incredably quickly. Hell, you could leave your game running and you'd get enchant lvls

I don't know about class...

Be sure to choose merchant(basic skill)

After a while you will have money,money,money.....

Try to buy in lower prices and sell in higher!!

You'll also advance level with this way...!!!!!

Nah, Merchant really isn't needed. The Tribunal expansion adds lots of 20,40,100K items. Just barter with the MudCrab alot and you'll be rolling in cash...or use a Merchant MOD with tons of $$$...or if you like to cheat give yourself tons of $$. smile

Assassin, Battlemage and Spellsword, I'd pick the Spellsword. He has better magic ability and better bonuses.

But I do agree with Grifta. Unless you're a beginning player, I'd make my own class. You can pick what bonuses and abilities you want, which is one of the strongest points of the game.

The non-magic-based characters seem to have an advantage. Maybe this is just at starter levels (I am having trouble leveling this one). My big dude with the axe is pretty good at lvl 7. Not sure how "high" or "low" of a lvl this is though. I kind of got bored with wandering around vivace looking for someone to sell me that book.