Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Jeremy

USB microphones any good?

My Plantronics headphones w/mic finally gave up on me. I was about to buy an identical replacement, when a friend gave me a listen to his Sennheiser headphones. Well, I'm in love with the Sennheisers, but still need to find a good quality microphone. Are USB mic's any good? How do they work, since the box clearly states "No sound card required"? Where is the sound coming from? Would I be better off buying a mic with a "conventional" plug that goes directly into my Audigy?

Thanks to all in advance for any help offered smile

We have several for out Mac 0S 9.2.2 users ..... I will try to dig up the name of the manufacturer

If you plug it into windows xp though ... device manager lists it as a composite device

I would be concerned about a audio device on a bus that other devices are using even though a audio device on a PCI card is on a bus that other MB devices are using within the board. It is the same for a USB mouse or keyboard. As long as there are decicated connectors/portrs for that device why not use them? It won't be any faster/better/ sound different etc. Something more to go wrong and cause a problem with something else.

BTW Ron, John Lesile and Annette Haven said hello............

i guess your best bet in this case would be trial and error. Try and see how it works, and if it works well then cool if not ditch it and get something else.

actually i have seen them. they say it has a very clear sound and is good if you are using voice commands or things like that. i have never used one and have no idea how they work. ;(