Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CounterCW

New Opera 7.0 : NICE!

Phoenix is all I use, except if I need to sign in to windowsbeta.microsoft.com or windowsupdate.microsoft.com.... That's all I can think of.

Quote:
Instead of comparing Opera to Mozilla, you should try comparing Opera to Phoenix.

I think you will find Phoenix to be a much better product than Phoenix... and it's based on the gecko engine too:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/phoenix-release-notes.html

(it's a lot faster and has more features than Mozilla too)

Cheers!

8) Phoenix must be good if it's better than itself! laugh

Quote:
Well, I just tried it... and you know what? IT IS THAT GOOD!

It is alot faster than Mozilla loading that is for sure... and seems to respond with equal speed to Opera, which is in & of itself pretty astounding!

(I just extracted it to the root of my disk & into its pre-packaged zipfile folders, made the shortcut on my desktop & off I went to try it).

His typo (DosFreak you NITPICKER, lol) may not be all that far off of a description: It IS better that what it is based off of (mozilla builds) which is really itself, and Phoenix is a variation of it (mozilla), albeit a noticeably faster one!

(I could not find where to exactly adjust cache locations, but I'd wager it's using the location that Mozilla here uses & is setup to use, & that's my hardware based RocketDrive by CENATEK, or my system temp which is also the same place... either way, I think it is working right there on webpage caching to ramdisk). smile
* Good stuff, it was no lie!

APK

laugh Just tried it ... another netscape in the making... ;( arg... Give me my Opera back frown