Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Phalanx-Imawano

Disable reporting a specific error message

Is there a way to disable a specific message, as to a specific device?

Here's the scenario. After upgrading one of my hard disks (added a Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 80GB in place of a Seagate 30GB) I decided to set up a partition dedicated to the Windows Swapfile (Windows XP Pro). Not sure if the size was really recommended, I set the partition to 2GB (FYI: I have 512MB of System RAM), and had the swap file fill it almost to the brim (Windows won't let it completely fill the partition - it wants 5MB free space there) and had its size fixed (i.e. min size=max size). As a result, each time I start Windows the "Low on disk space" error keeps appearing for that partition, and I have to keep clearing it. For that case the message is unnecessary, since nothing else than the Swapfile will ever get written to that partition (to help make sure, I had all permissions on that partition set so that only Administrators and SYSTEM can read/write to it; all other users are denied access).

So going back to the question, is there a way to turn off that message just for that partition?

You can turn if off for all drives with powertoys XP (tweakui). I'll have to check if you can set when the low disk space warning goes off.

Thanks for that piece of info, though that would turn off the warning for all partitions if I'm not mistaken. Would like to know though if it can be done for just that one partition, since I woudn't mind a warning from the other partitions (which are of course the user partitions where my files and apps are stored) for reasons of maintenance.