Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tulensrma

XP and Epson Stylus Photo 950 problem

I have a problem with my Epson Stylus Photo 950 printer and Epson has not been able to solve it. According to them it only occurs with some Windows XP / Epson 950 combinations and cannot be fixed by a driver update. Therefore I'd be glad to hear if anyone else has experienced the same problem and possibly even found a cure.

The problem is as follows: When printing colour photos, every now and then an elliptical shape (often purple or greenish) appears on the photo. It is not an ink smudge, as the printer draws it pixel by pixel as if it were part of the original photo.

I have installed and deinstalled and reinstalled the most recent drivers. My Windows XP is up-to-date with the most recent Service Pack and hotfixes. The shapes do not appear when printing text or b/w photos. I have tried printing from several imaging software.

Any info would be appreciated.

Quote:
I have a problem with my Epson Stylus Photo 950 printer and Epson has not been able to solve it. According to them it only occurs with some Windows XP / Epson 950 combinations and cannot be fixed by a driver update.

Does Epson have any plans to correct the issue, or have they just accepted that there is a problem, and intend to do nothing?

Quote:
Does Epson have any plans to correct the issue, or have they just accepted that there is a problem, and intend to do nothing?

According to them, it's up to Microsoft to fix it. Something to do with Windows XP and certain hardware combinations. That's as much as they were willing to tell me. And even that seems to be "classified" knowledge as other support persons I've talked to since have not been aware of any problems with Win XP.