Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Avalance

Problem with Avermedia TV-Phone98 after installing WinXP SP1

After I installed WinXP SP1 my Avermedia TV-Phone98-card has started bahaving strangely. (Earlier I had WinXP Pro original, and then it worked just fine.)

When watching TV with a program that uses the WDM-drivers, the card seems to loose the frequenzy-lock every 5 minutes or so. The pictures just shows static, and the sound dissappears. Switching back and forth to anohter channel corrects the problem, but since this happends every five minutes it's not an acceptable solution...

When watching TV with a program that uses the VFW-interface (Video for Windows), it works a little better. Now only the sound will disappear every 5 minutes, but I'm still able to watch television. This problem however isn't corrected by switching channels, to get the sound back I have to restart the program.

Has anyone else experienced this...? Could it be that the card itself is broken..? It is pretty old... Or is it just some incompadability with the drivers and WinXP SP1..?

Try reinstalling the drivers. The SP1 installation may have altered some of the files needed by the card.

When I installed SP1 I did it by using a WinXP version with integrated SP1, so I actually reinstalled WinXP as well...

And I've tried a few different drivers (including some general open source Bx---- drivers) with the same result. Next step is reinstalling WinXP without SP1, but that's the last resort...

I've tried it... Same problem as with the software that comes with the card... (Image disappears after a few minutes, then just static until you change channel...)

Thanks for the effort though wink