Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

Delta Force, VIA chipset, SYSDUMP error! Ahhhh

I can't seem to get any drivers for a stable system while running Delta Force Land Warrior and Delta Force Task Force Dagger. I constantly get a "sysdump" error.

My system:

Epox EP-8KTA3

AMD Duron 800MHz (not overclocked anymore)

512 MB PC-133 Crucial/Micron SDRAM

GeForce 2 MX 32MB (3D Prophet II)

Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+

Windows XP Professional

Latest VIA drivers installed

Latest NVidia Detonator drivers installed

Latest Sound Blaster drivers installed

Latest DirectX drivers installed (8.1)

I've tried Via 14.37, 14.43, and 14.45 hyperon drivers.

I've tried NVidia 40.41 and 40.72 drivers.

I've tried DirectX 8.0 and 8.1.

I have not updated Windows XP, it is still using default installation.

I have reset my BIOS to defaults and tried a few other BIOS related things, including processor voltage and clock at defaults, and overclocked speeds.

My problem is I cannot find any drivers that work. I'm hoping that someout out there with a similar system configuration of mine and running this game has found a stable set of drivers. If you are this person, please tell me what you are using. I'd be greatly appreciated.

If anyone else has any suggestions, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

the sysdump error is not your computer, but delta fiorce - or is a it a blue screen of death sysdump?

are you using any trainers?

this occured in DF2 mainly when people made maps that had items that where not place on level ground, and if you ran through that area, u would get a system dump.

these are usually cause by badly made maps.

check out

http://www.landwarrior.org/forums/index.php

is the best site for df issues.

i play both df2 and dflw and i have not had a system dump on dflw yet, i do not recall, but would get them often on df2.

often also, as i rember, restart your computer, and then play the game right away, but not if you have had your comp on for a while.

Hi, I used to get a sysdump error on DF: Task Force Dagger immediately after starting the game. I'm not sure if this is the same problem which you are having, but it was fixed by appying the "Game Stops Responding or Quits Unexpectedly When Introductory Video Clip Is Played" update for Windows XP

This can downloaded from Windows Update in Internet Explorer or using the following url:

http://microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=45387

It's Delta Force Sysdump.txt error. The game freezes, a window pops up saying "sysdump.txt" with an OK button. Then you click OK and it goes back to the desktop.

It doesn't matter if I just start the game after a fresh boot, cold or warm. Or if I've been on the same windows session for days, it still does this error. It's quite random too. I can sometimes start the game and it will play for several minutes before it dies. Sometimes it does it seconds after I just got in. It's very annoying. It does it on certain maps, a very select few, it does not.

I am not using any custom maps, or trainers. The only thing I'm using is a No CD patch and it doesn't seem to make a difference if I've using the patch or not.

This problem, according to NVidia, is also occurs a lot more on systems with a VIA and AMD chipset. It also states that the problem is often between Direct X and your hardware. Therefor suggesting a driver problem. So I have been franctically trying new drivers. But I cannot seem to find a stable set/combo.

I will go and look for that MS update. Maybe that wil help.

Thanks for the help, if anyone else has any suggestions or knows how to fix this please let me know.

Does anyone else have any information? I have tried a ton of stuff and still cannot resolve this problem. A flying PC is about to be born soon.

Ever see a PC fly at over 500 Kph?

Yes, of course. The latest. The sysdump errors according to this site are mainly caused by bad maps. But I am not using custom maps...

From NovaLogic support:

Have a look at this page. (in case you haven't already)

I don't suggest flashing the BIOS, as this can cause worse things to happen if something goes wrong. Have you tried disabling any antivirus programs?

Also, it says, "SYSDUMPs are generated by the game when the game tells Windows (using DirectX) to perform a function. Windows then instructs the hardware (using the hardware's drivers) to generate the image or sound. If for any reason there is confusion in the process, you receive a sysdump." So, maybe minimizing what the hardware does might get rid of it. So the following might work:

Running DXDIAG (Start>Run>DXDIAG) clicking on SOUND tab and dragging notch to no acceleration (all the way left). In addition: start>settings>control panel>display>settings (tab)>advanced (button)>troubleshoot (tab)> then drag the notch to the left for no acceleration. (changes won't be made unless apply or OK is clicked afterword)

If this works, then you could slowly (one notch at a time) move the notches back to the right. Then try playing the game. Repeat until error. Once the error occurs again, moving the last notch setting back left a notch should do the trick. Then try setting the other device which acceleration doesn't seem to cause the dump back to full acceleration. Remember to set these back to full acceleration for other games.

Optimally, you shouldn't have to do this. But if you really want to play the game, it's better than nothing.