Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LongDistancePaddler

Why does my printer not work the same on XP as with NT?

I have a Lexmark Z53 printer which I used to run connected to NT 4.0 on a parallel port. I have recently upgraded my PC to a pentium IV and changed the operating system to XP to allow me to use USB [for a web camera and digital photography]. As my Lexmark printer is capable of runniing as a USB device I thought I would install it as one on the new system.

The files that are sent to it print upside down in relation to the direction they printed when the same files were printed on the old computer. When I print a file I can't set the page size as I could with the same printer when it was connected to NT. When I print a file the colours aren't the same. For example if I print something with a black square on it the print job uses a lot of ink. It uses so much that the ink almost runs on the page. How can the same printer and files behave so differently if the only real change is in the operating system. Does the change to XP really alter so much what is sent to the printer for a given file? Why is the image now upside down? Can I invert the pasted image in the doc file or do I have to paste it in to a graphics file and invert it and then paste it back into the document?

The people at Lexmark have tried but I am not sure that they really understand.

Help!!!

Drivers.

Drivers are everything to a printer. Look for alternate versions of drivers for that printer or modify the driver settings.