Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twiglet

half-life/counter-strike crash

hi there, i replaced my motherboard, cpu, memory and graphics card a few months ago and finaly got round to re-installing half-life (1.1.1.0) and counter-strike (mod 1.5) a few days ago after a fresh format when i installed the new mobo/cpu/memory/gfx. now when ever i try and play half-life or counter-strike it will load fine and connect to the server and it will freeze then dump back to the desktop anything from about 2 seconds in to 5mins in, it is never at the same point of a map or if there is action going on or not, i have tried with dx8 and 9 and detonators 40.72 and 41.09 and it still does the same thing

my current system

abit kg7

amd xp 2100

sparkle geforce 2 mx 400

384mb pc2100

160gb hdd space (20gb+60gb+80gb)

windows xp pro, sp3

512/256 cable (ntl)

old system

as above but with

msi mobo

amd athlon t-bird 1ghz

384mb pc 100

on my old system it ran with no problems if anyone chould shed some light on some possible cure i would be eternaly grateful.

thanks

twig

one or two things you may want to do is find the directx patch for amd systems... and try the windows registry fix.... (see below)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"LargePageMinimum"=dword:ffffffff

a few things you may want to make shure is your running the latest chipset drivers for your mb, and the latest directx, and the newest videocard driver, and sound card driver.. (even your sound card can affect your ping) ... also try black vipers site to shut down any unnecessary services... im running xp pro with a geforce 4, and an asus a7v266 and play tfc all the time... black vipers site is here

http://www.blkviper.com/index.html