Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

Unable to preview jpegs in left pane within folder.

I lost the ability of previewing jpegs in the left pane of a folder under the folder name. I'm running 2k. Bitmaps can be previewed! I do have active destop disabled, but I did turn it on to see if it made any difference, but it didn't.

Quote:
I'd think that an easy way to figure it out would be to simply reinstall it using the Add-Remove Programs icon in Control Panel, but use the Add-Remove Windows Components section of it, rather than the 3rd party program removal section.
You bring up another somewhat un-related issue. Using the shortcut to remove that program (non-M$) verses add/remove programs. Isn't both of those the same? One is a shortcut and the other is through Control Panel, right?
I will re-install Paint as see if that is it.

Quote:
If paint is NOT there in "Add Remove Windows Components" section of the Add-Remove Programs icon in Control Panel... then I really don't know what to say!

Edit the sysoc.ini file to remove the ,hide after the applets that you want to remove.

I reinstalled MS Paint, but I still can't preview jpegs when I highlight them in a folder. Just bitmaps!