Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gilgamesh

Warcraft III XP Problem

This is really starting to annoy me. I can play Warcraft III fine for about 15 - 20 minutes but then it randomly crashes and give me an exception in war3.exe. I have tried using the -swtnl switch as well as the -opengl switch, but neither have fixed the problem. I have found other places on the net with people talking about this problem, but none of them have a definitive fix for this. It seems to run fine in 2K, but I would rather just use XP.

I have found out that I get the error on both Windows XP and Windows 2000. The error is the same on both versions of Windows using the same computer. I am using a real copy of Warcraft III that I purchased. This is the error message:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: C:\Games\Warcraft III\war3.exe

Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:15020970

The instruction at '0x15020970' referenced memory at '0xBF212121'.

The memory could not be 'read'.

Does anyone know what this might mean?

Thanks,

Gil

Yep I have all the upgrades. I dont get any errors on any other games so it shouldn't be the memory should it?

I had the same problem when i screwed around with the map editor - i had to reinstall.

This error is caused by your Nvidia drivers. I believe you need to revert back to 3082 or whatever it was.. and not using the 4072 drivers. This should solve it. Several ppl where experience this when War3 launched. Use older drivers for now.

err..How about not. Please,Just use the Nvidia drivers. Usually the "tweaked" versions do not actually fix anything but just modify the default settings. If you needed these settings changed in the first place then you could easily find 'em on the net and about 99.99999% of the time they are not needed.

Thanks for the information guys. I will try the 30.82 official Nvidia Drivers and see if I get crashes. If this fixes I will post confirmation. Thanks again.