Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom-boy

Screenshots turn out black

Simple as that. I'm playing Hidden & Dangerous deluxe and AvP GE and taking screenies a lot, but for some reason most of them turn out totally black and about 1.44 kb (yes, kb)in size. I don't think it has anything to do with movement in the game, since the same thing happens also when I'm standing put. Drivers should be OK (Detonator 40.72) and well DirectX (8.1b). There is some clipping in the games,though. I've tried with different resolutions but without effect. I'd appreciate any help on this, since we're putting up a H&D site and my job is to get the screenies for it.Thanks in advance smile

How are you taking the shots? Does the game support the taking of screen shots during gameplay?

Are there different graphics modes available (for instance OGL and D3D)? It might be worth changing from one to the other if possible and trying again.

Yeah, I've HyperSnap and use it send the pics to ftp server but otherwise it's no good for this prob. The shots are supported through a hotkey, but the odd part is that some of the pics turn out very nice regardless of the lighting or movement and the others don't. I've to check the graphics modes, but I think there was only one alternative. better check them, though.

checked, and there's no alternatives for graphics mode. I may end up using ACT 2.6 to this if nothing else works. dang.

Hi Tom-Boy,

Perhaps Hypersnap DX doesn't support capture with the latest DirectX and or OpenGL APIs. Alternatively there could be issues with a particular 3D function, for example perhaps you can't take screenshots when bump mapping is enabled due to some bug in Hypersnap, DirectX, or the DirectX driver. Are you sure you're using the most recent copies of your game and hypersnap?

-Christian

Hmm, DirectX could be the reason. I understand the latest 8.1 isn't quite working yet and with 8.0 the pics came out allright. HyperSnap, Irfanview and game are all up-to date. You think enabled 'Triple buffering', unchecked 'Compressed textures', or in Textute filtering having 'Linearic' enabled instead 'Anisotrpoic' would be the reason for this? It doesn't explain why some pics come out very nice,though.

Hi Tom-Boy,

I have no idea what features are causing what you'll have to figure that out for yourself. If some of the pictures are coming out okay and some aren't that doesn't prove much at all. Different seens will take advantage of different 3D functions. However if it works at first and then starts failing that could be some sort of buffer overrun issue or something. Also have you written the technical support for the developers of your game yet?

Good Luck,

Christian

Yeah, this is a total mystery to me as well. I mean, there is no logic behind this. the develoer supports are known to be very unsupportive smile and so this time as well. I'll guess I just have to play God-mode and just take pics and hope enough of them turns right. thanks for replies, though. they're appreciated smile

Hi Tom-Boy,

What did you need the screenies for any ways? Are you making a fan website or something?

-Christian

I think your computer is a "Rolling Stones" fan.

Buy it the "Forty Licks" album and it might be happy.

Quote:
Hi Tom-Boy,
What did you need the screenies for any ways? Are you making a fan website or something?
-Christian

yeah, a mate of mine has a network of sites and he's putting up H&D site soon, too. I'm supposed to deliver the pics, among other things. Sure hope didn't reveal and state secrets here laugh
The last Cd's I bought was Ramones' Anthology and Leon soundtrack. Sweet! I don't think old fogies like RS would understand much of comps. Heh, reminds me about a case where one Spice Girl saw a comp and said 'I want that internet' laugh

Quote:
The last Cd's I bought was Ramones' Anthology and Leon soundtrack. Sweet!

Leon (The Professional in the US) was a great movie!

[

Leon (The Professional in the US) was a great movie!

Sure was, one of my all time favourites! Especially the Director's cut. Too bad Besson has gone down the hill with his films after that one. He had all the potential. Great music to boot.

I understand that the DC is a bit hard to get these days. At least the European release was withdrawn from the market at some point because of bugs. www.natalieportman.com has most of the deleted scenes, but at least I can't get sound work with them. My DVD works fine, though, so I don't know what the original problem was. hope you can get if from somewhere smile