Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BadFox

Emperor battle of Dune......not working

;( I`ve installed the game twice, patched it, even tried the odd no cd crack or two ,but nothing works the exe just will not start the game, the splash comes up my cd drive wirrs then nothing happens. it`s not that old a game,that it won`t work on XP surely.please help.

my specs are

atholon xp 1700

512 mb ddr mem

geforce 4 ti 4400

windows XP pro

Much appreciated.

I am having the same problem. I saw something on the Westwood site saying that there was a compatibility problem with Norton AntiVirus and suggests uninstalling Norton. Sounds like a bad idea to me. Are you running NAV also?

Intel P4 - 2.4GHz

512MB

geforce 2 mx100

windows XP - Home

If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know! Thanks.

I gave up in the end and took it back, was not impressed though, i am using NAV 2003, and i would`nt uninstall it thats a very bad idea. don`t have this problem with other games.

Most, if not all, software recommends disabling anti-virus software prior to installation of the new software. Did you try this?

already said tried everything bar a complete reinstall of windows the game just dos`nt run once you`ve installed it, (though the auto update patch worked fine), any way only a week till unreal II much rather hsve that..lol

Quote:
the splash comes up my cd drive wirrs then nothing happens.

The previous poster was correct. The problem you posted is a typical Copy Protection issue that game companies seem not to care about. Daemon Tools and/or a CD crack will help ya....of course I can't really recommend anything to help you enjoy the game because the game really isn't that great.

yeah but i applyed the cd cracks and still it did`nt work, the game just crashes straight back to the desktop. anyway i took it back, shame i was really looking forward to it.

Ok I've had Emperor loaded and running on my PC, last year. Just reloaded it, no problems yet.

But when I ran it this time it comes up with an memory location error. This happens with all patches and NOCD fixes.

The only thing thats change on the PC is a fresh install of W2k and a Leadtek 4800 card.

I'll see if I can get the error posted in the next day or so.

PC Specs,

Xeon 1.7Ghz

512Mb PC800 RIMM

LeadTek 4800 AGP 128MB

SB Live Plat 5.1

SCSI HDD 58Gb worth

SuperMicro MB

SONY DVD-ROM

HP 7200 CD-RW

I hope some will be able to help.

DragoFire

I also am having a problem getting this game running. This seems to be a compatibility issue with some program. I’m not sure if it’s a compatibility problem with NTFS, however, it would make since if it was. CD cracks would not work if this is the case. I’ve heard that there can be some installing issues if an antivirus was active while installing, however, I have never ran into an instance that shows any validity to this. Anyway, that’s my 2 cents. It sure would be nice if I could get this game working again.

I had the same problem, splash screen comes up but then crashes to windows..

I downloaded this file http://files.filefront.com/empenginstfix10zip/;845049;/fileinfo.html and followed the instructions inside file (which needs to reinstall game) .. and now works great ..

The problem is a CD Rom compatability issue, this fix is a EA Games official remedy found at

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatec...amp;p_topview=1

I hope it works for all those who have same problem

Ok... so lets just say I tried all of that. I have two LG opticals and it looks like E:BFD hates LG. Install fix worked. Now I still have a crash after the two logos. Error report shows game.exe. Did compatibility settings on both exe's. Can someone help me? We wanna lan this thing quite bad since we got tired of AO3. PS... it's money in the water if we cant run it. smile

System:

2500+ Barton

K7n2Delta MB

1Gb DDR400

GF6600AGP

LG DVDROM

LG Multidrive

Audigy 2 Plat

eternal-stargazer@webmail.co.za