Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ConQueso

Pod Racer fix [official LucasArts patches]!

[edit] go here for new patch info. [/edit]

Tried Pod Racer again. Moved the video troubleshooting notch two to the left of full acceleration (Display Properties>Advanced>Troubleshoot (tab)). So far, no screen-all-one-color glitch. Didn't even use ACT. If anyone else tries it out, please post your results along with OS, GPU, and video drivers. Below are mine.

WinXP SP1

GeForce2

40.72 drivers

I'll probably try it out on my 2K system shortly, and post the results.

Tried Racer on my 2K system (GF3/40.72/SP3). Used ACT 2.6, standard Win98 Layer. On one level I got the all one color screen after an odd crash/regeneration. I'm wondering if it was caused by some sort of clipping. Well, strange thing is, this time the game still carried on, and i could actually get rid of the glitch by changing camera views...

Anyone figured out how to eliminate this bug yet? ;(

Any ideas anyone? DosFreak?

Odd, POD Racer has always worked without graphical glitches on every PC that I have tried it on. Howver, I am using the UK version. I don't see how it would be that diff.

LucasArts has released to files to help compatibility in XP!

So far with 6 races, I haven't experienced the screen-all-one-color bug. Hopefully they actually killed this bug. There is a fix for a crash to desktop, which I hadn't had until I replaced the swepracer file, but after a crash, I installed that file too.

Please post any positive or negative results along with video card, vid card drivers, and OS and DX version.

GF3 Ti200

XP SP1

dx9.0b

6 races no SAOC bug

Here's the link: http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/xp/swep1racer.htm

Well, I've probably raced another dozen races and no crashes to desktop or solid screen color bug. Though once there was a second pause where I thought it was going to crash but didn't. Anyone else tried it yet?

While the AI racers aren't much a challenge until late in the game, but the sheer speed preceived playing the game is incredible. I've heard the console versions are much slower than the PC release.

Anyway, for those interested who haven't played it yet, you can find the game for $10 in the rerelease packaging in stores and the same price for the initial release online. While not an incredible game, it's worth $10. The demo can be found here though I'd imagine it might have bugs. I have no idea if the patches for the retail game would affect the demo, but if someone tries this, please post the results.

Also note that the game has a quirk about joysticks... In order to play with my n45 gamepad, I had to disconnect all my other joysticks. I think it's picky about detecting only one joystick.