Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spcomputing

MAX PAYNE CHEAT PROBLEMS

To use Cheats In Max Payne, You apparently have to change the target for the desktop shortcut to this...."C:\Program Files\Max Payne\maxpayne.exe -developer" But WindowsXP won't let me do it. It says the path and file name are not correct, which makes sense. Anybody else having this problem??

is that the folder you have the game installed in? if i'm not mistaken your gonna have to set the shortcut to were the game is actually installed and then add the -developer after the maxpayne.exe. the one they give you is the default install location.

Also, here's a list of cheats:

All Weapons, Unlimited Ammo, NoCLip, etc:

To get access to the game console, you need to start maxpayne.exe with the command line parameter "-developer".

Once you have the game running in developer mode, you get access to the game console with F12.

coder

god

mortal

c_addhealth (100)

GetAllWeapons

GetInfiniteAmmo

Mortal

ShowFPS

SetWoundedState

SetNormalState

NoClip

NoClip_off

GetBaseballbat

GetBeretta

GetBerettaDual

GetDualBeretta

GetDesertEagle

GetSawedShotgun

GetPumpShotgun

GetJackhammer

GetIngram

GetIngramDual

GetDualIngram

GetMP5

GetColtCommando

GetMolotov

GetGrenade

GetM79

GetSniper

GetHealth

GetPainkillers

GetBulletTime

View all models:

Instead of -developer use -developerkeys and in the game use F11 to bring up statistics and PGUP and PGDOWN to change character model. You can select everyone in the game, but you can't use F12 to use normal cheats. This is for fun only

All Level's:

Start the game whit -Developers , now press F11 OR F12 to bring the console in the window bar , and type some codes Below:

GetGranadeUn - Get granade ,unlimited AMMO

AllWeaponUn - Get All Weapon's,Unlimited AMMO

Take Screenshots:

To take screenshots in the game you have to type in "-screenshot" as the command line parameter (C:\Max Payne\maxPayne.exe -screenshot). Then when you are playing press F10 to take a screenshot.

Go Through Doors:

Start maxpayne with maxpayne.exe -developer

then press F12 to bring down the console.

Type in noclip

Then go Trough doors, if not works try trowing yourself trough them....

To go normal again type noclip_off

I've tried different shortcuts in different locations such as, on the quick launch bar, desktop, and the max payne program folder, and I cannot change the target to anything. There must be some way to change the name of the actual application to: maxpayne.exe"-developer, so that the shortcuts work.

hmm i dunno then i was thinkin maybe you had it installed in a different folder than the default one. have you tried goin to the folder itself and rightclicking on the file and sendin a shortcut to the desktop and then changing the target on the new shortcut you made.

wtf is the point of cheats - make the game NO fun - if you can't finish it - get better...lol

cheats - well my opinion - are for those who are too ......mmmmmmmmmm lazy to learn to play the game smile

(no offence intended)

Maybe he's finished the game, and just wants to mess about with it. I've done that on a few occaisions.

Once you've been through a game a few times, there isn't always much to bring you back to it. Using cheats can help extend the fun.

This is why I don't install games to the bloody "Program Files" folder because it makes Windows put those stupid quotes around the path name. So for you the target box is like this:

"C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe"

For me I install to separate directories with less than 8 characters so it conforms to DOS rules.

So I have:

C:\Max\MaxPayne.exe

As you see no quotes. So then I just go:

C:\Max\MaxPayne.exe -developer and viola all is well.

However, yours should work by going like this:

"C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe" -developer

If it doesn't open up a DOS Box and go like this:

C:

cd program files\max payne

maxpayne -developer

That should work, you can also use Notepad to create a batch file to start the game with the developer parameter.

Thats way too complicated. Just go to Start >> Run >> {type in path to game with the quotes, then put -developer after the quotes} Simple. :P