Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

Anyone with a Gigabyte GA-7ZXE?

I have a chance to pick up a GA-7ZXE M/B and I'm looking for anyone with experiance with that board.

I serached for reviews high and low and could only come up with one in German! I found a number of reviews with the GA-7ZX (w/ the KT-133 chipset) but none of the ZXE! I also found reviews of the ZR (I believe it was), but after seraching a dozen or so sites, nothing.

The reviews of the ZX weren't that great. I don't know if it was the chipset or the board itself. I'm not a Gigabyte fan, but the price might be right and I'm willing to give it a try. I have the documnentation from Gigabyte but a little insite would be better!

I'm not looking to overclock, or to have the latest, greatest, fastert box on the street (especially from a 1 1/2 year old M/B) but something halfway decent.

Any input would be great and thanks in advance!

I have one in my main machine, and it is a reasonable board, you can even slightly o/c (in my case from Duron 1.1Ghz to 1.21Ghz) but you have to remeber it is only a KT133a chipset, so only support 266Mhz maximum CPU bus speed and only supports SDRam. but if your happy to live with that, its a mighty fine board. laugh

Was it just the 133 chipsets that were bad, the 133a's being the new and improved at the time!

Just what were the problems with the 133's?

The main issue was that it really couldn't run a 133/266MHz FSB. More like 110-115 (if you were lucky). The KT133A also had a nice memory bandwith boost.

I used that board in a friend of mines machines when he wanted something that was decent but not really top of the line. he basically only plays everquest. So I used that board, 1.4 athlon xp, gig of pc133 ram, windows XP and it runs like a champ. Nothing fancy about the board at all but it gets the job done. I didnt have a bit of problem with and he has been running it for just a little shy of a year.

Here is the link to gigabytes site for the actual specs on it. http://www.giga-byte.com/products/7zxe.htm

Ok, thanks. Still haven't decided if I am going to get this or not.. Depends when he is going to sell it and how much I can wittle him down.