Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thymios

Pinnacle PCTV pro wierd problem

Hello again everybody,

i was wondering if anyone came accross a very wierd problem that i encountered

after installing PCTV Pro's software (5.11). The TV starts normally and it plays

normally, but after 1 min (more or less) the sound stops playing. This happens

until i change the channel or i open the properties dialog from the program. It's

very irritating problem since i can't capture any video either except watching TV

without having to change the channel every minute or so.

My system has a Sound Blaster Audigy Player card, running on a P4 @ 2.4GHz, 512MB DDR 266

80GB Western Digital HDD on a Gigabyte GA-8IEXP mobo.

You are not alone with this one, have exactly the same problem and have not found a way round it, yet!!!

Adam

Actually, just looking at the Pinnacle Systems Website, www.pinnaclesys.com and they have got numerous angry customers all asking the same question but no reply from pinnacle yet!!!

I found out what the problem was by monitoring the task manager, since every time the sound was vanishing, there was some instant activity on some processes. msmsgs(windows messenger) was taking instantly some CPU time when the problem was happening. I don't have Messenger running on my system constantly so i figured out that Norton AV 2003 has a plugin for instant protection for the messenger. Disabling this feature vanished the problem. Nevertheless though the problem happens whenever MSN messenger is running or being accessed, so make sure it's not running or accessed by any other program before using PCTV, especially for capturing.

Pinnacle has really bad support and they don't give a flying f**k about customer satisfaction. Does it have to be like this? All large companies that make loads of money, have the worst support out there(e.g. Creative and Nvidia).

Quote:
I found out what the problem was by monitoring the t....
Pinnacle has really bad support and they don't give a flying f**k about customer satisfaction. Does it have to be like this? All large companies that make loads of money, have the worst support out there(e.g. Creative and Nvidia).

Wait till you contact Microsoft!!!!

MS has some of the best customer service there is.

Don;t compare them with the likes of Creative and Pinnacle.

Quote:
MS has some of the best customer service there is.

Don;t compare them with the likes of Creative and Pinnacle.

Right!!!!! laugh