Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Inray

XPpro/sp1 slipstreaming and .icc profiles problem

Before slipstreaming my XP/Pro with SP1 (final) i used it as an ordinal update. That way i had some (about ten) icc & icm color profiles installed as default under windows/system32/spool/drivers/color directory

I speak about profiles bundled with original WinXP/Pro not additional ones that come with extra devices (scanners etc)

After slipstreaming and reinstalling WinXP/sp1 i notice only three of them in the same folder and all the others are missing.

I reburned a new SP1 slipstream using the original XP/CD plus the SP1 CD which MS sent to me. Same results

Did you notice such an "issue" when clean install a slipstreamed XP version ?

Any idea ?

regards

Never heard of that problem, are you certian that the .icc's didn't come with a video/monitor driver? While it's not impossible, I doubt that MS would remove some color profiles in a SP.

adamvjackson hi,

i never say that MS removed icc profiles. Actually up[censored] XP with SP1 keeps Winxp bundled profiles. After a clean installation of a slipstreamed xp/sp1 version icc profiles didn't install as they should. That's the problem. And btw i tested that on many slipstreamed installations and various machines.