Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cue

A7V8X Speakers configuration problems

Hi all,

I've set up the mobo so as to support 4 speakers through Soundman (the software program that comes with the drivers) but still when I use winamp to listen to a mp3, there is only output from the 2 front ones.

I've checked through Soundman's Speaker test that the speakers are properly connected and there is no problem there.

But any other program that I use to playback sound, will not output to all 4 speakers.

Any clues? :\

TIA

How do you have your connections made? Often with intergrated sound with mulitiple channels, you have to reassign one of the other ports (line in or mic) as the rear channel. If you post some more information, I can probably be more specific...

Exactly!

I have connected them properly. Cant remember the colours now, but the front pair is connected in the middle point and the rear one on the right as you look at the tower from behind.

As i said, when i try Soundman utility, which comes bundled with the mobo, and i click on each individual speaker, i get the correct output!

Its when i try any other software that it wont output to the rear ones. :\

nope, but its not only winamp, it any application i tried.

i've post this questions to 2 more forums, and noone seems to have an answer!

how is that possible?

noone has this kind of problem? frown

To my knowledge unless the Application is made to use all 4 speakers then you should just hear it in 2, or stereo.

Do you have any games that use Surround sound.

Of so try that.

What you say it's *half* true.

If the application supports surround sound, then it should take advantage of the 4 speakers to output surround sound, else it should just output the same sound to all speakers.

hey... im getting exaactly the same problem...

apparently we have use a 'y' connector to the lime port to recieve the 4.1 surround sound

but i still don't understand how that will work... ill reply if i get it going...

I have this motherboard, first off, go to:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?Keyword=ALC650

download the latest XP drivers, should be 3.42 or something. Install those first off.

Secondly, go to Windows Audio Properities, Speaker Settings and set them for Quadaphonic Sound (or Surround Sound, whichever you have, try both, but make sure you have the RIGHT one)

Secondly, right click on Soundman icon in systray, go to Sound Manager, then click on Speaker Configuration tab. Choose 4-channel mode for 4 speaker output, to the right, you'll see "Phonejack Switch", green should be "Front Speaker Out", blue should be "Rear Speaker Out" and Red should be "Mic In" (even if you have a subwoofer, don't change these settings)

After that, the sound should work fine. I have this exact motherboard using a 4.1 sound system.

Good luck.

thanx for the reply.... but i've tried that and still same thing...

well, when i test the speakers in the soundman software, they seem to work perfect... but when in games and when using winamp/media player/ etc. the rear speakers still don't work

**when you run your speakers in games/music... does the 4.1 surround work (ie. each speaker performs different sounds)

thanx...

the 4.1 channel audio works no matter what i'm running.

Try up[censored] your bios to 1011 or the 1012 beta from Asus, as well as up[censored] to DirectX 9.0a and getting latest Via Hyperion drivers. If it still doesn't fix it, then i'm afraid i'm out of ideas, because it works flawlessly for me.

This'll sound dumb, but make sure primary 2 speakers are in the Green jack, and the secondary 2 speakers in the Blue jack.

Other than that, there isn't anything else you can do, the board's audio is probably DOA.