Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yleclerc

Hitman: Codename 47 , Windows XP help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to install and play Hitman: Codename 47. Installs completely but I can not start it. It gives an "Error signature" and will not start! Compatibility section here (ntcompatible) suggested no new info on this problem.

I take it that you have run the configuration utility ?

Are you using the original CD ? Hitman2 uses the new SecuRom copy protection which doesn't work if you are trying to run it off a CD-R etc...

However some CD drives can also have problems reading copy protected CDs even if they are the original. Have you tried launching it from both your CD-ROM and CD-RW drives ?

Try downloading a NO-CD crack for the game and see if that helps. If the NO-CD exe works then you know that your drive(s) may have problems with copy protection systems.

Regards

Andrew

My CD for Hitman 2 is okay!!! My problem is that Hitman 1 (Hitman: Codename 47) refuses to run at all. I followed the installation procedure but it will not run.

As for the NO-CD crack, I had a version from a friend. This worked but now I can not get the retail CD verison to run.

Any more help/insight in getting Hitman: Codename 47 to work with the original CD version of the executables (not using a NO-CD crack)??? ;(

So I assume that you're using a burnt copy... My recommendation? Buy the game. Not to be a jerk, but the game is fairly old now, and you ought to be able to find it for fairly inexpensive.

I do not where my thread had gone wrong! I am talking about the complete legit retail package. I followed the instructions to install it. The installed "hitman.exe" refuses to start. Looked on the web, and here for info. As you see, I was suggested to try a NO-CD crack. This "patch" allows to game to work, but it still is not the "true" version. EIDOS has not been very helpful (Should work???).

What can you suggest in getting the full legit retail file working????? ;(

I just bought codename 47 and installed it. After setup completed and I selected run, the video setup opened. Then I clicked run and I got an error that advised me hitman must close. I then tried several different video modes, all of which have failed. Does anyone have a possible solution to this problem?

]

]

windows XP

geforce4 mx420 64mb sdram

amd duron 1.0 ghz

256mb ddr

WD 30 gig 7200 rpm

best cdc/rw

48x(i think)dvd rom

As stated before, it had be suggested to locate and download a NO-CD crack/patch.

As for Comaptiblity mode, I have tried everthing with no success. Even from the Games Compatiblity section, here at NTCompatible, make no mention of any other settings than "Works".

Try running the game without the crack and then check your SYSTEM event log for CD errors. I am unsure if the copy protection on Hitman will produce such errors since I haven't tested the new copy protection to that extent but it's more than likely that it will produce such errors. If so then this is why you must use the crack. Your CD doesn't support the copy protection that the game needs.

If this is so then I suggest you write a letter to the game company.

Look, FOR THE SECOND TIME, my HITMAN2 works correctly!!!!!!! I am talking about Hitman: Codename 47 (Hitman1). EIDOS is stating that it should work but does not support it in XP. Here in NTCompatible, there is no mention of any tweaking of the game. It just says that it installs and works.

;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Here is what the original CD version of Hitman: Codename 47 (Hitman1) "hitman.exe" generates:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Application Error

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1000

Date: 17/11/2002

Time: 8:17:08 PM

User: N/A

Computer: YLECLERC

Description:

Faulting application hitman.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module hitman.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00001042.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat

0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail

0010: 75 72 65 20 20 68 69 74 ure hit

0018: 6d 61 6e 2e 65 78 65 20 man.exe

0020: 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 20 0.0.0.0

0028: 69 6e 20 68 69 74 6d 61 in hitma

0030: 6e 2e 65 78 65 20 30 2e n.exe 0.

0038: 30 2e 30 2e 30 20 61 74 0.0.0 at

0040: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset

0048: 30 30 30 30 31 30 34 32 00001042

0050: 0d 0a ..

This occurs no matter what I do to the original and even with the latest (and only) update.

However, no problems with the "cracked" version.

The above consternation is the reason I am so glad I decided to keep Win98 on my new XP Pro PC and have a dual-boot system. I have Hitman somewhere, when I find it I will give it a try and let you know what I find out