Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hardtofin

Pioneer 106s Multiregion ?

hi guys,

i have just ordered a pioneer 106s dvd drive. this is thew one that lets u choose your region 5 times, but after that it locks it. now i know there is a program/firmware out there to unlock this, so it can be changed forever....but does anyone know where i can find it?

thanks

hardtofin

I have the answer but will withold it until I know whether or not this sort of thing is allowed to be discussed on the boards.

ok i got the drive this morning, but its OEM and comes with NO cables frown what i need to know is this :

next to the normal slot for the audio connector there is a slot for DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT. what goes in there? is it a SPDIF cable? do i need this for digital 5.1 surround sound or not, and does it then connect from the back of the dvd drive to my soundcard (soundblaster live 5.1) ....... the instructions suck, and as i say, i have NO cables with it.

thanks for your help guys smile

Yes, that connector is for an SPDIF and no, you shouldn't need it for 5.1 surround sound. Most DVD software can output PCM bitstreams through a sound cards own SPDIF output (assuming it has one of course. Most modern ones do) which can then be routed to an external receiver. You may also be able to software decode Dolby Digital and output it using a 5.1 channel soundcard but I'm not terribly sure about that.