Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tear

Install .net server over internet?

I have placed my server at a friends house because he got a faster internet connection. Is it possible to install .net server over internet? I log in to the server using terminal services. Right now I have win2k server on it. I don't want to upgrade I want to install a fresh copy. I have the .net cd in the servers cd-rom

I guess this isn't possible, is it?

erm...no...think about it: if you're logged onto the server in terminal services, then you reboot to start the .NET install...and as soon as you reboot, Terminal Server kicks you off, and you can't get back on because Windows hasn't restarted...

The only way to install is in person.

AndyF

Thats what I thot but it was worht a try, you never know....

If you have the money/resources to get one, you could build a server with a "lights-out" card that has a network jack in it and will allow you to shutdown, start, reboot, and do everything else with system as if you are there with it. All the card needs is its own power via an adapter. I have this on my Compaq DL380 G2, and it works great. However, this is an extreme option that might not be available to you, but I have seen others on this forum using fairly heavy-duty boxes as CS servers at home so you never know...

smile

Come on guys . . think . . . think . . .

USE A SIF FILE, answer all the questions and start the install. It'll finish on its own and be up and ready to Rock and ROLL

It is possible, we do it here. It works great!!