Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bbtak

WinXP SP1 Problem

I can't get Winxp SP1 to work smooth on my computer, everytime I close a window explorer, I have this delay, everything pauses for about 1 second, for example, when open windows explorer, browse around, close it and right click on something or click on the start button, it pauses for 1 second and then the menu pops up.

I keep getting this problem with SP1, first I installed SP1 on my Winxp pro, it gave me this problem, so I formatted my hdd, did a clean install of Winxp, and then install SP1 (without installing any drivers of programs), I got that problem again, uninstalled it, the annoying pauses went away...

I just tried installing it by slipstream the SP1 into Winxp, clean install again, same problem...

Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks

I'm using T-Bird 1400+

A7V266-E motherboard

512mb ram

Geforce3 DDR Ti500

Problem solved...

I was searching through Microsoft knowledge base, it have mention about windows explorer will hang when closing if I have other input language as the default, to solve it, I have to install the service pack update, but I got this problem after installing service pack.

So I went into regional option, I had east asian language installed, and I found that there were more input language at the input language option other than just English. I deleted the other language, everything works fine again, no more hangs...

Good to know, thanks for the tip. It's always useful when someone not only posts a problem, but exactly what they did to resolve it.

i already have a poll running on that!!!!

it seems like you have to find out what program is slowing your computer down and reinstall some of the device drivers too. i think it is a common problem if you have not installed SP1 on a CLEAN installation of windows (windows only without apps or some of the drivers)

laugh

i had some problems too... good luck.