Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Snatch

How Do I Hook Up Car Subs And Amp To My Computer???

I've got 2 12" mtx 8000 series dual voice coil subs and a fosgate amp 1000 watts and i wanna hook them up to my comp

i already gota y connector...but i need to know how to hook it all up if u can help at all that woudl b awesome i need to knwo ASAP PLZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

later

You will also need one helluva power supply for that amp. Something with a good steady 12V rail minimum, although the amps *usually* run optimally at 14.4V. Just check your manual for that along with its amperage rating, and then hit the electronics supply stores (it's gonna cost ya).

^^^^^^

exactly

your sound out will NOT power that - i got dual 12" out of my JVC shelf system and it works great, but you would need to go out to an AMP then to the sub's as your sound card would not have the power to run that.

i did howeverhave a Sony walkman powering ther box using a PC speaker computer and using the amp side of it , it worked.

what i did in the past was just use one of those car battery chargers and hooked my amp to it, it worked just fine

not providing the right voltage and amperage for the amp/subs will kill the voice coil on the subs and maybe even the amp, i've used the battery/charger method before to test some stolen merchandise, but never to use it as a home stereo system, if i were you i'd just go buy a stereo reciever rather than try to use a car amp, thats kinda ghetto, don't you think?

Hi I got a queastion to ask i got a JL audio model 250/1 amp whith 2 12'' subs that i got out of a car that can not be fix that my dad gave to me. And I just got a Sound Blaster Live 24 bit sound card that has a pourt on it just for subs and I was just asking how can I hook up the subs to my pc and not burn up my sound card and the amp at the same time if aney of you have aney ancers please feal free to give thim to me

thanks latter

tou need to connect a stereo lead to the line out on your sound card then get a Y connector going from stereo to 2 phono leads and then plug them into the line in on the amp. your pc doesn't need to power the amp all it does it send the information across to the amp then the amp will put it out to the subs. you will also need a cross-over to change the signal to LFE or your subs will just act like a normal speaker. some sound card will already have a cross-over built in them but you will then need to plug the stereo port into the LFE out put.

well guys i need a little help with something.

i have a Car JBL subwoofer 1100W and 2 car speaker 350W each, and A car JBL amplifier wich was installed on my car and now its at my home..(they are already in boxes and everything) and i wanna hook it to my laptop. is that possible.??!!

the only problem i have is HOW to hook up this car amp to the audio input in the laptop, and the power source for it ( it says +12v) and the power here is 220V!!

i already have a audio to amp wire which i found at radio shack.

so i think my problem is with the power source only...how can i get the car amp to work on the laptop. and does it work normally?

please help me with this if u know anything about it ... thanks