Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom-boy

Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe crashes oddly.

I've gotten this game just now and until now everything A-OK. Maybe some poor mouse movements occasionally but allegedly that's just the way it is. Now, in a mission2/campaign 4 the game simply refuses to co-operate=crashes. I keep hearing the background music but the desktop does come up with almost total whiteout and I get a crash report message which is all Greek to me. At first time on this mission , I didn't get the cut-scene (briefing) at all and the movements were bit sticky. Also, regardless that I did everything I was supposed to I didn't get 'Mission Complete' message. Loading from saves and everything were just fine, but now it's all gone to hell. I can play the older missions just fine 8) The CD is OK and the hardware/software are up-to-date and running fine.

what o/s r u on?

have u got the newest patch? 1.3 i tihnk it is. this is a REALLY great game, BUT it is THE buggiest piece of software i ever used. it is WELL known for it. but with the patch u should be fine. btw i play it on win2k wink

Well, companero; Win2kPro is mine and don't anybody come and propose XP! 2k is a good OS, although you need QFixApps and stuff, but otherwise just nice platform.

Patch up to 1.3,eh? I thought Deluxe was supposed to be 1.5 ;( And, it is- I just checked. So no going bacwards, I think. Bugger. Well, I'll guess I try it anyway; can't hurt that much. Maybe just reinstalling at worst case. But I still would like to see someone explaining what's going on. one moment just fine-next Boom! and the previous levels still OK.

But yes, I agree with you. This is surprisingly good game. I got in on sale 9.95 euros and thought :'No great loss if this sucks'. And yes, the controls and everything are a 'bit' shoddy, to say the least, but hey: at least one's you get a game you can't and shouldn't take too seriously simple because you'll never know what odd bug's gonna hit you next = no point losing your cool over (this) game. That's why I simply have to get this game running alright, since I just passsed that horrible Campaign3 and got all these nice new weapons and stuff I itch to try.

So please guys, any idea would be nice, even if it wasn't the correct solution. At least I could rule out possibilities.

hi again,

the only way i EVER got this game to run well, was on a 9x platform (uurghhh,,,,,,,,spit) i hate using that word. EVEN then it was still buggy, and the networking aspect of the game in multiplayeris a nightmare. does it ALWAYS crash at EXACTLY the same point or is it random ?

Exactly at same spot. I mean the serious crash- the one I described . Occasionally the game freezes and I can't shut it down, so I have to reboot the comp, but when it runs, it runs well. Sounds, grpahs, motion everything, OK. It can't be the disk, necessarily, since the demo behaved the same way. So, I was wondering if someone knew some nice trick fir cinfiguration, patches, changing hardware settings or, well something smile I got the game over that part by using donwloadable save game from a fansite, but A) it's cheating

B) I lost quite a bit of the weaponry and stuff I'd managed to pick up. Anyway, I want to play this one for real- no cheating. Besides, it sill freezes some times, so not much help from that file.