Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rbduck

Video resolution changed during boot screen

I've got an ABIT KT7A RAID running a ATI 7200 DDR64 VIVO. Windows XP Pro SP1. I created a restore point. I'm trying to load updated drivers for the video board, During one of the failed attempts, I noticed that the post and boot screens were now in a different resolution, It continues that way until it gets to the WELCOME screen. At that point the video goes full screen. After trying to load the newer drivers with no success, i restored it. BUT, the weird resolution is still there during a boot. This problem is more courisity than anything. If any of you guys have had a similar problem. Lemme know, thanks

have you used an alternate display method lately? reason i ask is because i used the tv out on my laptop and now my bios and startup screen are being displayed at 640x480, when the welcome screen comes up, its back to normal, i dunno why it does it, happened in 98 once and i believe i changed a registry key, can't remember though.

Have you tried right-clicking on the ATI icon in the system tray, then Schemes, then Default Single Display?

Thanks for answering EddiE314. Can you remember what regestry item you changed? Your description of your problem is exactly what I'm getting.

Alien, I'll take a look this evening. Thanks

What got this started was I am trying to install the lates ATI drivers and updated versions of their programs. For once, I followed their instructions.

Bad move. I created restore point. I uninstalled the programs and driver. Step by Step. Everything was fine until I started loading things back up laugh . Everything went to Heck. I then did a restore. I noticed on reboot that everything before the welcome screen was a different resolution. :x I even restored from 1 week previous. Same result. I finally got my previous version of everything reloaded. This is the second time RESTORE didn't work very well. That'll be the LAST time I EVER follow instructions. laugh

i can't remember what it was, it was like 2yrs ago on a win98 laptop, it's probably different now, i'll look around for it and post my results. i'm not really worried about it on my current laptop, it IS annoying though.